Cheep Jeep Ticket
By purchasing a Cheep Jeep Ticket you agree to the terms of sale outlined below.
Out of stock
The following provisions are the official rules and regulations (hereinafter referred to as the “Official Rules and Regulations”) which govern the conduct and operation of the Cheep Jeep Charity Raffle with Sheriff Grady Judd (hereinafter referred to as the “Raffle”), a drawing of chance being operated by POLK SHERIFF’S CHARITIES, INC., which is an IRC§501(c)(3) tax-exempt, non-profit corporation having its principal place of business at 1891 Jim Keene Blvd., Winter Haven, Florida 33880:
1. TICKETS FOR THE RAFFLE. A ticket for the Raffle (hereinafter referred to as a “Raffle Ticket”) may be purchased at the price of $20.00 per Raffle Ticket. A maximum of 2000 tickets will be sold. Raffle Tickets shall be purchased solely by methods selected and approved by Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc., including, but not limited to, purchases made through (i) members or agents of the Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc., and (ii) any website provided by the Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. A Raffle Ticket may be purchased in one name only. Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. has not set any restrictions on the amount of Raffle Tickets that any person may purchase. No purchase or contribution is necessary to obtain a Raffle Ticket. Each Raffle Ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the prize enumerated below. Any prize and related tax liability will belong to the person named on the Raffle Ticket. If drawing date has not changed (see drawing section below) ticket requests will be accepted up to the date and time of the drawing. Any requests and payments received following the cut-off time for the Raffle will be returned to the sender. All ticket sales are final. No refunds are available or will be made. Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail, email or fax messages, or any other failure to receive an order or deliver tickets or receipts prior to the drawing deadline. No reproduction of a Raffle Ticket is permitted. Any Raffle Ticket or entry form that is deemed in the absolute discretion of Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. to be defective, illegible or counterfeited will not be honored. Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. will make a reasonable effort to notify any person who submits a Raffle Ticket or entry form that is not honored.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The purchaser of a Raffle Ticket, the person named on a Raffle Ticket, or anyone to whom an entry purchaser legally transfers a Raffle Ticket (hereinafter collectively referred to as an “Entrant”), must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the purchase of the Raffle Ticket. Raffle Tickets may not be purchased in the name of a business, trust, corporation or other entity, or wherever prohibited by applicable law. Raffle Tickets may also not be purchased by Polk Sheriff’s Charities Inc. Board Members along with their immediate families (i.e. parent, spouse, child, or sibling), Polk County Sheriff’s Office Captains and above and their Civilian equivalent along with their immediate families (i.e. parent, spouse, child, or sibling). An Entrant does not need to be present at the drawing of the winning Raffle Ticket in order to win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. No purchase or contribution is necessary to enter the Raffle. Questions concerning ticket confirmation number(s) should be directed to Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Administrator”), at the address listed below.
3. DRAWING. The drawing of the winning Raffle Ticket will be held on February 19, 2017 at approximately 3:00 P.M. at the Jeepin with Sheriff Judd event being held at the Clear Springs Ranch located on Cox Road and Ledley Ware Road, Bartow, Florida 33830. This date and all other dates stated in these Official Rules and Regulations may be extended in the absolute discretion of Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. does not reserve any discretion to cancel the Raffle at any time. The prize drawing will be open to the public.
4. PRIZE. One (1) prize will be awarded to the winner of the Raffle. The winner of the Raffle will receive a 2012 Jeep Wrangler with an appraised fair market value of $19,950.00 hereinafter referred to as “Prize”) being donated by Kelley Buick GMC of Bartow, Florida. The attached photo is of the Jeep, however, the Jeep may be modified prior to the Raffle. This vehicle is accepted “AS IS”, and Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. does not in any way, expressly or impliedly, give any warranties to winner. Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. expressly disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The winner of the Raffle may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility. No additional prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules and Regulations, then the potential winner will be disqualified from the Raffle and the prize will revert to Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. The Internal Revenue Service position is that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. The winner must complete an IRS Form W-9 and the appropriate federal taxes will be withheld. All state taxes, title, and registration fees must be paid by the winner. The prize does not include any trailer upon which the vehicle has been displayed.
5. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER. The winner of the Raffle will be notified via U.S. mail, email or telephone by the Administrator. The winner of the Raffle will need to provide proper identification to the satisfaction of Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. The winner of the Raffle must claim the prize by 30 days from the drawing. The winner of the Raffle will be instructed as to how to claim the prize at the time of notification by the Administrator. Any questions should be relayed to the Administrator at the contact information below. Entrants may obtain the winner’s name by sending a written request, plus a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Administrator at the contact information below.
6. PRIVACY. By entering the Raffle, Entrants agree that their names, likenesses and/or information provided in connection with the Raffle entry may be used for communications conducted for the benefit of Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc., including, but not limited to, being disclosed to and used by the news media and otherwise being used by Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. for publicity purposes in area newspapers or other media, including print venues, television, radio or online (including the website of the Polk County Sheriff’s Office and Jeepin with Sheriff Judd). An Entrant may subsequently “opt-out” of the receipt of such communications by following the directions in any e-mail or other means of communication, or by contacting the Administrator at the contact information below. Except as specifically provided in this provision, the information of an Entrant will not be shared with or sold to any other person or entity
7. WAIVER / LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Raffle, Entrants release Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. and its respective entities, affiliates, agents, representatives, sponsors, service agencies and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, partners, employees and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the participation in the Raffle, the possession, use and distribution of the prize awarded, and all losses or injuries (including to earnings, profits or goodwill), damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and actions or any kind arising in connection with the Raffle or the prize awarded. An Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach by Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her Raffle Ticket(s), and such Entrant shall not be entitled to any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages under any circumstances.
8. GOVERNING RULES, REGULATIONS AND LAW. By participating in the Raffle, the purchaser of a Raffle Ticket specifically acknowledges that he or she is aware of and agrees to abide and be bound by the rules, limitations and restrictions contained in the Official Rules and Regulations, and further specifically agrees that the Official Rules and Regulations solely govern the conduct and operation of the Raffle. The Official Rules and Regulations, together with the decision of Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc., are binding on every Entrant. The Official Rules and Regulations may not be waived, modified or supplemented except by Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. If any provision of the Official Rules and Regulations or the application of any such provision to any person or circumstance shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision hereof. No modification of the Official Rules and Regulations shall be enforceable unless made by Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. The interpretation and application of the Official Rules and Regulations by Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc. shall be final. The Official Rules and Regulations shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators, successors and permitted assigns of each Entrant. The Raffle is being conducted in accordance with and is governed by the laws of the State of Florida. The offer to participate in the Raffle is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
Polk Sheriff Charities, Inc., 1891 Jim Keene Blvd.,
Winter Haven, Florida 33880